NFocus: Where Fun and Philanthropy Meet!
NFocus is a monthly magazine that covers philanthropy and the arts in Louisville. With innovative photography, event coverage, feature writing, and monthly columns NFocus brings you an insider’s view of what Louisville’s most progressive and charitable crowd is doing.
Each month we cover the city’s can’t-miss philanthropic events-the black-tie galas, the fashion-forward balls, the who’s-who luncheons, and the foodie-scene feasts. Our event coverage includes photos of the guests and a detailed account of the party-where it was, how it was decorated, what charities benefitted, what sponsors donated, who was there, how they were dressed, why the event is important to our city, and what the buzz was all about.
Our cinematic covers and feature spreads profile the city’s leading philanthropists, bringing you stunning photos of CEOs, politicians, and social leaders like you’ve never seen them before. Our in-depth feature writing then gives you the private story behind these very public faces.
We also bring you a broad spectrum of columns by the Louisville’s best writers and most passionate aficianados:
- “Trends10,” by Fashion Editor Christan Turner, features fashion from local boutiques and stores, modeled by local talent and prominent figures from the social scene.
- “Food and Wine,” by Food Editor, Lincoln Snyder, offers up an interviews with the city’s best chefs and treats you to their favorite recipes and wine pairings.
- “NLove” indulges you with a local love story and the culminating wedding.
- “NHome” brings you home and garden tips from the experts and tours of the city’s most exclusive properties.
- “Body and Soul” reveals information from inside the local health and beauty industry.
- “Charity Spotlight” inspires you with profiles of individuals or local charities whose good works deserve recognition.
- “Philanthropy and Finance,” by a local guest columnist, educates you on a topic significant to the local philanthropic circle.
- “The Scene” helps you fill your social calendar with events you can feel good about attending.
- “NRetrospect” closes each issue with a nostalgic look at times and styles gone by.
NFocus is a feast for the eyes, the intellect, and the spirit. Our mission is to tell inspiring stories with substance and style!
Laura Snyder, Editor
301 East Main Street, Ste 201
Louisville, KY 40202
Phone: (502) 895-9770
Laura Snyder, PhD
Laura, editor and writer-at-large for NFocus, is a graduate of the University of Louisville’s Rhetoric and Composition doctoral program. A former Assistant Professor of English at Ohio State University, Laura is having the time of her life covering choice events and writing the monthly feature stories for NFocus.
Do you have a story to pitch or an event you’d like NFocus to cover? You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 502-895-9770.
Pam has been in the publishing business for over 30 years. Born and raised in Louisville, she is very proud of her community. She enjoys showcasing the numerous charity events and the generous people who are a part of our philanthropic community.
email@example.com or at 502-895-9770 ext 217
Derek, art director for NFocus, is responsible for the look and feel of each months layout. Based in Nashville, TN, Derek takes our words and images and creates dynamic layouts that are uniquely NFocus.
You can contact Derek at firstname.lastname@example.org
Josh was the first NFocus intern, but was so good, we just couldn’t let him go. Josh assists with the planning and proofing of each issue, along with being the primary NFocus event photographer, and a contributing writer.
You can contact Josh at email@example.com
Linc, a former chef and food and beverage manager, now defected to the world of IT, keeps his hand in the foodie scene by covering it for NFocus.
You can contact Linc at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tonya, social correspondent extraordinaire, is out and about town covering events for NFocus, taking pictures, writing articles, appearing weekly on WBKI’s Morning Show, and hosting the “NFocus: On the Scene” video segments.
You can contact Tonya at email@example.com